Holy Name School is proud of its reputation for providing an outstanding religious and academic education. 1910, three nuns, Sister Antoinette CSJ, Sister Benedict CSJ, and Mother Genevieve CSJ came to Ebensburg to teach in a newly built four room school erected at the site of the present building. Students leaving Holy Name School possess a knowledge of God, academic content and thinking skills that enable them to function in a global world.
Holy Name School is a Catholic school. PreSchool programs for three and four year olds are offered along with Kindergarten through Eighth Grade classes. Student enrollment is nearly 300 in 2010 from a beginning of 87 in 1910.