Benefits Liberty Hill
L.A. is at the forefront of building the new green economy, addressing global warming, and building a future for all families that is clean and green. Liberty Hill is determined to make it happen.
We have the track record to make it happen: Ten years ago, we were first to support LA’s new environmental justice movement. Our investment identified and trained a small ground force of smart environmental justice advocates — community leaders who knew firsthand what it means to live in a toxic neighborhood. Our work resulted in millions of dollars in pollution reduction programs and new regulations to protect the health of Californians most exposed to pollution’s deadly consequences. Read the story.
More recently, Liberty Hill environmental work has helped win-
1. Adoption of a Clean Trucks Program that will reduce diesel pollution by 50%.
2. A plan to reduce L.A.’s greenhouse gas emissions by 35%.
3. A $50 million Trust Fund to reduce pollution at the Port of Los Angeles
4. $400 million for new parks in park-poor communities
5. The nation’s most sweeping new Green Building policy.
6. Passage of the most stringent oil refinery anti-flaring rule in U.S. history
7. L.A.’s Green Certification program for local business
A brand new 2010 Honda Insight sporting over 40 miles per gallon!
Raffle Tickets and Contact Information
Ticket are $100 each or five for $400 and the raffle draws on May 14th, 2009 so get moving! To learn more about the raffle, buy tickets and read all about Liberty Hill get on over to their website at LibertyHill.org. Thanks!