Peoria Promise of Peoria, Illinois is holding an amazing 1974 Corvette Raffle!
Economic Development in Your Community: Our economy is directly influenced by the level of education and skills of the work force. Similar programs in communities like ours have seen:
* Better educated local workforce and corresponding income level increases
* Reduced dropout rate and increased high school graduation rate
* Increased college attendance and completion rate with narrowing of attendance gap by income and race
* 10% enrollment gain following decades of declining enrollment
* Increased tax revenues through population growth
* Housing market improvement: Homes sold rose almost 7%, compared to about 5% regional decline. Community median home price rose almost 4%.
* Reduced Crime
* 70% of funded students stay in the community
A Foundation for the Future: Peoria Promise provides students with 64 credit hours to be used over a 3 year period at Illinois Central College (ICC).
The Community Giving Back to the Community: Funded entirely by individual citizens and businesses of Peoria.
For Everyone: Any student who lives in Peoria and graduates from a public high school is eligible; no minimum high school grade point average (GPA) is required to apply.